A Barcamp for online youth engagement has just been set up here, inspired by Tim Davies. The event is planned for May 17th 2008 in London - and will be a co-creation of all those who want to take part.
What is a barcamp?
It's an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.
Online youth engagement?
These are the themes that are emerging for this, but feel free to add more and propose sessions you'd like to facilitate here.
- Online information services for young people
- Supporting young people's online interaction and activity
- Researching young people and the internet/blogging/social networking etc.
- Developing online tools and platforms for young people
- Exploring online technologies in education and participation
- Young people's civic engagement online
- School councils online (Primary et. al.) to encourage participation and develop IT/networking skills
- On-line video and web radio
Already there are some inspiring participants, so join in!